Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Guilty Pleasure YouTube Video of the Day

Let's be honest, no one wants to just read through my ongoing babbling about my insight on whatever dumb band or record I happen to find interesting on a given day, so in addition to me trying to sound like I'm some of intellectual with the ability to make profound, academic statements on agressive music bands/records (AKA boring the living shit out of you with words), I am going to offer the world The Guilty Pleasure YouTube Video of The Day. Each day I'll pick a song that we all secretly love and can belt out every word to, regardless of how awful, corny, or lyrically/intellectually offensive it may be. My first of many offerings is a song most of us have found ourselves singing along to in the grocery store, mall, or on the radio at work without even knowing who sings it or what the song is called. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you The Outfield "Your Love".



I'll bet that a lot of you knew exactly what song that was, but had no idea that it was written by The Outfield, or who The Outfield even are. Don't feel, except for "Your Love" and MAYBE "Since You've Been Gone", The Outfield did nothing but crank out 80s arena rock garbage, and it is a surprise to no one that beyond writing one of the greatest choruses ever, they are doomed to thrive in obscurity and as a the answer to a question at your local bar's trivia night.

I'll go ahead and double whammy you by offering you a link to the Burn Your Wishes Myspace profile, which features a cover of "Your Love" on their mp3 player. Who are Burn Your Wishes, you wonder? Burn Your Wishes were a emo/rock side project featuring Ken Susi of Unearth and Adam Dutkiewicz of Killswitch Engage. How's that for a random fact you can bust out to look cool on your next messageboard argument?

No comments:

Post a Comment